Botox in West Bloomfield Township
Smooth & Wrinkle Free
First and foremost, Botox can reduce and prevent wrinkles caused by frowning, smiling, and other facial expressions. Years of laughs, surprises, and a life well-lived can lead to lines & wrinkles that may cause you not to feel as confident in your skin as you could.
Our entire medical staff is certified in Botox injections and regularly attends training seminars. As one of the most popular injections in the beauty market, BOTOX® Cosmetic is undoubtedly no stranger to the everyday wrinkle, and neither are we.
We also address a variety of skin concerns utilizing Botox in West Bloomfield Township, with excellent results in all age groups. With the right injector, Botox can give a subtle lift, smooth the signs of aging, and have a slimming effect on the face.
What it Treats
Lines & Wrinkles On/Around
Lateral brows (Botox Brow Lift)
15 to 30 minutes
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Depending on your tolerance, we may provide you with an ice pack immediately after your injections to reduce any redness or swelling you may experience. There is no required downtime with Botox in West Bloomfield Township; most patients return to work or their regular daily routine after leaving our office with instructions to avoid direct UV exposure and rigorous exercise for a few days following their injections.
Why try Botox in West Bloomfield Township?
Not only is Botox FDA-Approved, but it's also been backed by more than 15 years of clinical studies.
Botox is so effective, it's one of the most popular injectables for smoothing skin and preventing future wrinkles!
Botox can be used for various treatments and has proven successful for men and women of all skin types and ethnicities.
The Botox Process
What to Expect?
When you come to the Dr. Susan Seman Solution for Botox in West Bloomfield Township, your trained injection specialist will first provide a free consultation to ensure you are an ideal injection candidate and discuss your goals to recommend which injectable will best meet your needs. When complete, you will know how much product we will inject and precisely what it will cost.
Get Your Injections
We then study your facial expressions and create light marks to indicate where we will make the injections. Most patients report no or minimal discomfort; however, we can provide a topical anesthetic as needed. After the quick injection process, we will assess the treated area to ensure the proper placement of the Botox.
We’ll answer any questions about the treatment, give you instructions on the best ways to maintain results, and assist you in scheduling any follow-up appointments you need. When you leave our West Bloomfield Township office, you can return to daily activities; however, we ask that you stay out of the sun without protection and keep your head upright for 4 hours.
Prior to your Botox injections in West Bloomfield Township, the Dr. Susan Seman Solution recommends:
- If you are taking any of these medications under the direction of your doctor, be sure to speak with them before discontinuing them.
- Avoid aspirin (e.g. Bayer, Excedrin) and other blood-thinning medications (e.g. Vitamin E, Fish Oil) for at least 10 days before injections.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to injections as this too can thin the blood and cause bruising during treatment.
- Avoid ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Motrin) for 3 days before injections. Note: if you’re concerned about pain or bruising, you can take Tylenol before your appointment.
- Discontinue use of retinoid (Vitamin A) products for at least 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Consider a zinc supplement in the weeks leading up to your Botox injections. Studies have shown that higher levels of zinc in the body are related to higher efficacy of Botox and other injectables.
- Make sure your skin is properly hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water and using moisturizer morning and night.
To properly care for and get the most out of your Botox in West Bloomfield Township, we recommend:
- No touching or massaging the injection site to avoid moving the material to a spot it wasn’t intended to be.
- Keep your head upright for at least 4 hours to help reduce swelling and speed up the recovery process.
- Avoid direct sunlight and use sunscreen when outside as UV rays can disperse the injectable in your skin, shortening the effect.
- Avoid scrubs, toners, and abrasive cleansers for at least a week to ensure you do not disrupt the precisely-applied Botox.
- Sleep with your face up and slightly elevated if you are experiencing swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activity or aerobics for 24 hours after your injections.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I see results?
After receiving your injections for Botox in West Bloomfield Township, you may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours.
How long do the results last?
The results of Botox generally last up to 4 months, depending on the patient's skin type and the depth & severity of their lines.
How much time does it take to receive a Botox injection?
The Botox injection process is quick. Once your consultation has been completed and we've devised a "game plan" for how to treat your wrinkles, the injection process only takes about 10 minutes.
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
The highly trained and experienced medical experts at the Dr. Susan Seman Solution have years of experience performing thousands of BOTOX injections. Rest assured, we will deliver subtle and natural results. No one should be able to tell you've had any "work" done.
How many BOTOX injections should I get?
The number of injections will depend on the severity and number of lines you have. Generally, for crow's feet, we suggest 3 injections into the muscle areas that frame the side of each eye. For frown lines, you may receive up to 5 injections. For forehead lines specifically, you may receive up to 5 injections into the muscle.
Do men get BOTOX treatments?
Absolutely! BOTOX for men is standard at our practice. Crow's feet, forehead lines, and frown lines are not exclusively an area of concern for women. Men get these wrinkles over time and may wish to look younger and more refreshed.
Tell us more about you and your needs using our Virtual Consultation Tool.
Input your concerns, and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.