LaseMD in West Bloomfield Township
Transform Your Skin
Over the years, many factors can take a toll on your skin, increasing the chances of line and wrinkle formation, sagging, scars, and other concerns. If you’re ready to transform your skin through laser resurfacing, look no further than LaseMD.
This laser is a laser treatment that stimulates collagen production to renew skin through precisely targeted laser energy. LaseMD in West Bloomfield Township at the Dr. Susan Seman Solution is one of our most transformative skin services. This treatment improves a wide variety of concerns with less downtime than other lasers.
What it Treats
Fine to deep wrinkles
30 to 60 minutes
Female or Male
16 or older
Recovery & Downtime
We recommend 2 days of social downtime to your daily routine and 1 week for total recovery.
Why try LaseMD in West Bloomfield Township?
Deep Skin Resurfacing
There are certain skin conditions that products and traditional facials can't improve significantly. LaseMD is the ultimate solution to improving scars and deep wrinkles by stimulating tissue regeneration from within.
Certain deep laser treatments require a significant amount of time for your skin to heal. With LaseMD, you only need a week for your skin to recover and look its best.
The benefits of this treatment are for the long term. With boosted collagen and resurfaced skin, you'll reap the benefits for years to come.
The LaseMD Process
What to Expect?
To ensure LaseMD is the best treatment match for you, you'll meet with an expert provider for a skin consultation. We'll assess your skin and discuss your goals for this treatment. After answering your questions, we'll book you for your procedure.
The day of, you'll arrive and relax in a comfortable treatment chair as we prepare your skin. Your provider will apply a topical anesthetic to minimize any pain during the treatment. The total time can depend based on your custom treatment plan.
After your treatment, we'll go over any aftercare instructions. If your treatment plan includes multiple treatment sessions, we will space these apart strategically for the best results possible.
Leading up to your LaseMD laser treatment with the Dr. Susan Seman Solution in West Bloomfield Township, we suggest:
- Avoid dermal filler injections for 1-2 months before and after your procedure.
- Avoid waxing, facials, hair removal (threading, electrolysis, etc.), extensive sun exposure, or any other laser treatments to the treatment area at least a week prior to your procedure.
- Stop using topical skin treatments (with the exception of a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen) three days before the treatment.
- Discuss aspirin or other blood-thinning medication you are taking during your consultation with your skin specialist.
Following your LaseMD laser treatment, your skin will be red and swollen. This is expected and should subside after several days. Important post-treatment care to expect includes:
- Sleep with the head elevated to minimize swelling.
- Use cool water compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until the skin has healed.
- Do not use any cleansing devices or brushes (i.e. Clarisonic) or exfoliating scrubs or other topical products for at least 10 days following your treatment.
- Avoid any UV exposure for 48 hours and use sunscreen religiously starting the day after treatment.
- Do not bump, pick, scratch, or itch the skin in any way.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many LaseMD treatments do I need?
The number of LaseMD treatments we recommend depends on each individual. For most patients, 2 to 4 treatment sessions is an optimal amount. Many patients receive yearly treatments going forward to maintain their results long-term.
How many days of downtime can I expect?
The first 2 days after your treatment are the most important for downtime, as your skin will be sensitive to the sun and other elements. After two days, you are free to get back to your daily routine, with full recovery after 1 week.
Does LaseMD hurt?
We use a topical anesthetic to numb your skin prior to treatment to alleviate any pain or discomfort.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.